Just as technology has completely transformed how we access and share information at home and at work, it has also changed how we share information and collaborate in the boardroom. But board materials are often confidential and highly strategic – making many online tools and apps insufficient for the job. This need has given rise to the board portal, a digital platform designed to handle the demands of today’s boards.
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about board portals and how they can help directors and company secretaries be more effective and secure in how they communicate.
1. What is a board portal?
2. What advantages does a board portal have over paper?
3. What advantage does a board portal have over emailing pdfs or using file-sharing platforms?
4. What types of organisations use board portals?
5. What about directors who are less comfortable using technology?
6. How do board portals keep information secure?
7. How do board portals improve the efficiency of board meetings?
8. How do board portals foster better meeting preparation?
9. Do board portals raise any discoverability concerns?
10. Who within an organisation is involved in the successful adoption of a portal?
To get a further in-depth analysis on these questions, please download our whitepaper here.
Board Portal Buyer’s Guide
With the right Board Portal software, a board can improve corporate governance and efficiency while collaborating in a secure environment. With lots of board portal vendors to choose from, the whitepaper contains the most important questions to ask during your search, divided into five essential categories.