Boardroom Focus & Strategy on Digitalisation & Resiliency in the Renewables Sector
The Ivy Club, London
Tuesday April 25th 2023
8.30am - 11.30am GMT
Renewable energy has undertaken a global adoption over the last decade as a means to alleviate climate change. It has become an ever-increasing part of the energy mix especially in decarbonising energy grids. Renewables ultimately have the power to reduce, or reverse our carbon output and promote environmental security making the decision to switch one of the most pressing issues of our time.
However, the global landscape for renewable energy is seeing vast change and challenge. Volatile supply chains and energy markets caused by the global pandemic and war in Europe the energy transition has reached a critical inflection point. The introduction of the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) and the significant incentives on offer has put the attractiveness of the European Renewable industry into sharp focus. Additionally, Digitalisation and Artificial intelligence have the opportunity to revolutionise business and wider society and could provide one the keys for Renewables to become the primary Energy Source in Europe.
Diligent, in partnership with Venterra and Board Agenda, have created this seminar to bring together board members and GRC professionals of the renewable industries, to debate challenges, and explore opportunity amongst their peers.
- 08:30 - 09:00: Light Breakfast
- 09:00 - 09:10: Welcome | Paul Skerratt, Diligent
- 09:10 – 9:30: Interview: Are policy frameworks and funding mechanisms creating an enabling environment for the European renewable energy industry?
- 09:30 - 10:00: Round Table Discussion
- How can renewable energy companies work together to promote the energy transition?
- What is the role of corporate boards in promoting the transition to renewable energy?
- How do you align your renewable energy initiatives with your overall business strategy and values?
- What are the biggest hurdles and blockages that we face collectively?
- How do we, as corporate teams, interact and collaborate with our firms’ engineers, scientist and other technical experts to maximise our effectiveness?
- What does the future of energy governance look like in 5/10/20 years?
- 10:00 - 10:15: Coffee Break
- 10:15 - 10:45: Panel: C-suite panel session: Building Europe’s renewable energy future – the view of the board
- What are the biggest challenges to the renewables industry supply chain as we progress through 2023?
- Where do you see the biggest opportunity in the Energy Transition?
- How can digitalisation further advance the progress of board members in the renewable energy sector?
- 10:45 - 11:15: Diligent’s Impact in Renewables: Venterra Group Case Study
- 11:15 - 11:20: Closing Remarks | Paul Skerrett, Diligent