- Create fully formatted, detailed agendas in minutes, instantly updating and distributing them as changes occur
- Assign contributors to upload key documents, linking them to items on the agenda
- Enable online editing of documents by approved contributors, while retaining full version control of files even after the board pack has been generated
- During meetings, identify upcoming speakers in line with the agenda and track the amount of time left to discuss each topic with one unified board management solution
- Use one portal to access all board materials for every company board you sit on
- Make notes on board books and documents in advance of your meetings from any device at any time
- Quickly find information from previous meeting materials using the keyword search bar
- Access all governance resources in a secure, centralized location
- Easily capture minutes and actions during a meeting by automatically following the structure of the agenda
- Copy previous minute formats for consistency
- Enable all attendees to check, accept or deny changes to the minutes in a single centralized document, ensuring accuracy before final sign off
- Share, track and follow up on all action items via a secure portal
“I think from a modern perspective, people expect there to be good corporate governance and in response to that expectation, we need to be able to demonstrate it. So having a tool like Diligent, where we can demonstrate that we know where everything is, we can access information really quickly, the directors have access to everything that they need, and in a time-sensitive way, it's a really useful tool to demonstrate that we are doing things properly.”
Related Insights & Resources
Board-Meeting Etiquette: Abiding by the ''Board Code''
If you currently serve on a board of directors or are considering serving on a board of directors, you need to know that there is a 'board code,' and included in this code is the importance of board meeting etiquette.
7 Board Management Best Practices for 2022
Board management is an art: your board oversees the direction of your organization, but who oversees the efficiency and effectiveness of your board?