Closing risk gaps: Key insights from Modern Governance Summit 2023
We all know that risk lives in the gaps — the spaces between teams, technologies, processes and workflows. The gaps are where information falls through the cracks, emerging issues go unnoticed and bad actors gain entry. The challenge for governance and risk professionals is that the modern enterprise ecosystem just keeps growing. You’re dealing with more specialized teams and more technologies, tools and third-party partners. With all of this come more risk gaps.
This year’s Modern Governance Summit focused on closing risk gaps. More than 600 GRC and ESG professionals gathered together to close knowledge gaps and share hard-learned best practices. The opening keynote set the tone in one short sentence: “Risk is a fact of life.” The goal isn’t to eliminate risk, but to gain the visibility to understand it, prioritize it and ensure it doesn’t obstruct your organization’s core purpose.
New executive briefs close the gap between insight and action
Here’s another gap: the space between understanding the problem and knowing how to resolve it. To help close this gap, we produced seven new briefs that cover key trends and takeaways from this year’s Modern Governance Summit. These briefs provide prescriptive steps for addressing the most critical challenges facing governance, risk, audit, ESG and compliance teams today:
- Elevating audit with strategic technology: Navigating audit's transformation from reactive to proactive
Four guideposts for implementing modern audit technology to deliver clarity to the board and C-suite.
- Cultivating compliance champions: Empowering ethical decision-makers in the workplace
Concrete steps to help compliance leaders build the foundation of the intangible “culture of compliance.”
- Thriving in an era of ESG disclosures and reporting: Implementing ESG practices that support transparency, accountability and accuracy
Emerging best practices for leveraging board reporting technologies to find the clear, actionable signals amid the noise of ESG data.
- Why digital transformation matters more than ever for governance: Positioning your organization for agile growth and sustained success
A model for shifting from discrete digital transformation projects to a new paradigm of continuous, evolutionary digital transformation.
- Cybersecurity as a business driver: How (and why) CISOs should improve their IT risk communications with the board
Five key strategies to help CISOs accurately and effectively communicate IT and cyber risk to the board and C-suite.
- Education and government: Navigating governance in the digital era
How to identify and implement automated and AI-driven technologies to drive effective board operations and engaging stakeholder communications, while ensuring data security and privacy.
- Mission-driven and nonprofit: A comprehensive guide to optimizing your mission-driven organization’s governance
Four key steps to building tech-enabled governance that empowers public boards to collaborate, communicate and make more informed, more data-driven decisions.
Ready to put insights into action? We are here to help. Diligent provides connected solutions, data and intelligence, and a single source of truth that helps organizations of all sizes stay a step ahead in the increasingly complex business landscape.
The Diligent One platform is the first-of-its-kind solution that’s purpose-built to provide unprecedented clarity on governance, risk and compliance. It captures relevant data from any information source, surfaces meaningful insights, and automates core processes — all in a single source so directors, leaders and executives can make better, more informed decisions. Learn more and get a demo of what Diligent One can do for you.